Software
404 Error On All Sites
2 min read
StarryNight
Topic Starter
Hello,
I have a virus and now the virus (I believe it's the virus anyway), is keeping me from getting onto websites. I'm definitely connected, but I'm getting a 404 error page with links to things like "Travel" and all that bullocks. I was able to fix it before by clearing the cache and private data, but now nothing…..
Halp? (Yes, HALP.)
*pouts*
tallin
H StarryNight,
We do realize that having to wait for a reply to your posted HJT log on the 21st February is frustrating, but all the Malware fighters are volunteers, have real jobs, so give of their time here to help us all.
If you have not had a reply in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here.
Kind regards, and again we apologize for not seeing to your log earlier.
We do realize that having to wait for a reply to your posted HJT log on the 21st February is frustrating, but all the Malware fighters are volunteers, have real jobs, so give of their time here to help us all.
If you have not had a reply in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here.
Kind regards, and again we apologize for not seeing to your log earlier.
StarryNight
H StarryNight,
We do realize that having to wait for a reply to your posted HJT log on the 21st February is frustrating, but all the Malware fighters are volunteers, have real jobs, so give of their time here to help us all.
If you have not had a reply in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here.
Kind regards, and again we apologize for not seeing to your log earlier.
Oh no, no… I'm sorry! Wasn't trying to nudge anyone about my whole issue. Was just seeing if there was a quick fix for that side issue. I apologize if I sounded impatient. Heh-heh.
tallin
All is fine StarryNight, no harm done at all.
As you have posted a log in the correct forum, we cannot help you here due to the fact that no settings should be changed until an accredited Malware fighter assists you to clear your system of any nasties present.
Do be patient. Again I realize it is difficult, and please do not reply to your own log as the fighters look for logs unanswered.
kind regards,
As you have posted a log in the correct forum, we cannot help you here due to the fact that no settings should be changed until an accredited Malware fighter assists you to clear your system of any nasties present.
Do be patient. Again I realize it is difficult, and please do not reply to your own log as the fighters look for logs unanswered.
kind regards,
vnvnvn2000
I have a virus and now the virus (I believe it's the virus anyway), is keeping me from getting onto websites. I'm definitely connected, but I'm getting a 404 error page with links to things like "Travel" and all that bullocks. I was able to fix it before by clearing the cache and private data, but now nothing…..
It seems as though you may have an infection!Try HJT and read the http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html to fix this
Edited by Doug
Also removed advertisement link from signature.
It seems as though you may have an infection!
Edited by Doug
Also removed advertisement link from signature.
Doug
Hi vnvnvn2000
I suppose it does seem that way.
Please Read: Guidelines: Asking for and Offering Help
Third line from the Bottom.
We do not provide Malware Removal advice in the Tech forums (Software and Hardware)
Folk with infected machines will be best served in Malware Removal forum, being assisted by a trained specialist.
Best Regards
It seems as though you may have an infection!
Try HJT and read the http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html to fix this
I suppose it does seem that way.
Please Read: Guidelines: Asking for and Offering Help
Third line from the Bottom.
We do not provide Malware Removal advice in the Tech forums (Software and Hardware)
Folk with infected machines will be best served in Malware Removal forum, being assisted by a trained specialist.
Best Regards
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI