This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Sharing files

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

How do I share pictures on the same computer with another user on it? Hubby and I have two different user accounts. I'm listed as an administrator, and so is he, but his user account doesn't have access to my files, while I have access to his. How would I change this?
By "I have access to his" do you mean that you navigate to his My Pictures folder through Documents and Settings > HIS USER or are you using the Shared Folders? If your using Shared Folders, on his user, go to Start Menu > Control Panel > Folder Options > View, Scroll to the very bottom and make sure that Simple File sharing is checked. If he still can't access the files it's possible his user has corrupted. If you want to try and fix it now, then you can just create a new user account for him, copy all of his files to it, and then delete the old one, I would wait though to see if anyone else has an easier way to solve this.
Thanks! What I mean by "access to" is when I try to send a picture, for instance, by email, and click browse, both mine and his files come up in the options for me. It doesn't with his user account. I'll try what you suggested first, see what happens.
If you open My Computer, there should be a Shared Documents folder which is for use in sharing files and folder between multiple users on the same computer. See if you have it.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI