gostanford07
Topic Starter
Hello,
I have a home network that connects two desktops via hardware and one laptop via wireless connection. But I'm running into problems with File Sharing. I can access the internet fine (obviously) and print using my laptop. I can access the shared folders from the two hardwired computers. However, if I'm on the primary desktop downstairs, I cannot view my shared folders from my laptop. The laptop seems to be part of the same workgroup (MSHOME), but when I click on "view workgroup computers" from the desktop, and then select my laptop, I am prompted to provide a User name and Password. I have never set a User Name or Password on either computer, so I'm not sure what to enter.
What I want to do is access my music library on my laptop and add it to my iTunes on my desktop. For some odd reason, I can do the reverse (add desktop files to laptop) without any problems. Again, it seems that I have inadvertantly put a User Name and Password in this laptop. How do I fix this problem? Thanks a million.
Scott