This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Access files set up in XP via Windows 8.1.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

The thread topic maybe a bit misleading but what I want is this.

 

I had a tower PC that used XP and three members of the family had there own docs under their own user names, however the motherboard died.

 

I took out the hard drive and linked it to a new laptop that uses Windows 8.1.

 

But now I cant/dont have permissions to even get to even my own docs (XP), how do I do this?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI