This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Explorer Custom Toolbars Greyed out

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Today, I rather stupidly completely reset my IE7 settings.
However, after doing this, all my custom Windows Explorer toolbars and explorer bar panes (QT Toolbar, findeXer, QT Addressbar and Roboform Bar) and Roboform toolbar for IE7 is greyed-out. I can't select it. I have tried reinstalling but that doesn't work. :angry:

Enclosed are screenshots to explain what I mean.

http://i43.tinypic.com/24o7cz4.png
http://i40.tinypic.com/xle6nm.png

I am running Windows XP MCE05 SP3 with all latest updates except IE8 for now.

Please help and many thanks in advance.
Hi vista?. What do you see if you start IE7, go to Tools, Manage Add-ons, Enable or disable Add-ons? If the ones you want are listed there, are they disabled? If so, enable them.
I believe resetting IE7 does that. Makes sense if you think about it. Reset = restore to installed state = no Add-ons. The nice thing is it doesn't uninstall them, just disables them so it's easy to enable them again as needed.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI