Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Damaged Toolbar - Ie 6.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 limmo_driver

limmo_driver

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:40 PM

Hello all. I sure hope I am posting in the right forum. Anybody ever heard of a program called "iSearch"? Well it managed to install itself into my IE 6.0 toolbar withOUT my permission (although my anti-virus s/w complained about a TROJAN being found) and I had to scour the registry to remove all remnants of it (as well as toolbar.dll from WINDOWS\system32). Now its gone, but now my toolbar has down-syndrome. When I click on View->Toolbars all the toolbar options are grey-ed out. It wont let me modify my toolbar. Anything I can do to fix that? I'd like to just re-install IE, but I know its difficult. Thanks! :ph34r:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 MrCharlie

MrCharlie

SuperMember

• Malware Team
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:34 PM

SomeInfoOnIt

#3 OlTramp

OlTramp

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:16 PM

Probably not all it added.
Go here for Hijack This
Unzip,update and scan. The scan button will turn into a save log button. Save it,copy and paste it into .Hijackthis Logs And Problems (OPEN). Don't fix anything yet because most of it is needed.Make sure you place HJT into a folder of it’s own.You may need to restore an item and you will not be able to from a temp. dir
Proud member since 2004

This site is here to help. Please donate to help keep it going.