This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Damaged Toolbar - Ie 6.0

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello all. I sure hope I am posting in the right forum. Anybody ever heard of a program called "iSearch"? Well it managed to install itself into my IE 6.0 toolbar withOUT my permission (although my anti-virus s/w complained about a TROJAN being found) and I had to scour the registry to remove all remnants of it (as well as toolbar.dll from WINDOWS\system32). Now its gone, but now my toolbar has down-syndrome. When I click on View->Toolbars all the toolbar options are grey-ed out. It wont let me modify my toolbar. Anything I can do to fix that? I'd like to just re-install IE, but I know its difficult. Thanks! :ph34r:
Probably not all it added.
Go here for Hijack This
Unzip,update and scan. The scan button will turn into a save log button. Save it,copy and paste it into .Hijackthis Logs And Problems (OPEN). Don't fix anything yet because most of it is needed.Make sure you place HJT into a folder of it’s own.You may need to restore an item and you will not be able to from a temp. dir