Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't Right Click Or Dl In Ie7 Or Access Nternet Options

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Uplatewithu2

Uplatewithu2

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

I can open webpages, but the menus are missing from the top and I cannot right click anywhere on a webpage, nor can I DL anything. IF I go to IE7 to try to reinstall or even Mozilla the box pops up for a second and then dissapears. I can't access Internet options from the control panel either. It started right after I tried to update IE7. Been like this for a few days. New Member, Please help!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 11:05 PM

One or Several factors could be involved. Corrupted IE 7 <-- required that you uninstall IE 7 Malware infections <-- Run your onboard antivirus/antispyware and one online scan Corrupted System Files <-- Run System File Checker Hard Drive file structure problems <-- Run Error Checking Hard Drive has insufficient Free Space Are there any other symptoms you've noticed with the performance of your machine? Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 Uplatewithu2

Uplatewithu2

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:46 PM

One or Several factors could be involved.

Corrupted IE 7 <-- required that you uninstall IE 7
Malware infections <-- Run your onboard antivirus/antispyware and one online scan
Corrupted System Files <-- Run System File Checker
Hard Drive file structure problems <-- Run Error Checking
Hard Drive has insufficient Free Space

Are there any other symptoms you've noticed with the performance of your machine?

Best Regards

Well, I can't uninstall IE7, I tried that... I ran AVG and it found a trojan virus and locked it up in a vault. .. the virus was svchost.exe called Trojan HOrse Dropper Generic DZD ... How do I run System file Checker, or Error Checking?... I have plenty of space on HArd Drive...

Other symptons BEFORE AVG quarantined was: I could not access Task Manager, or Regedit... After AVG, I am able to acces those.. However, I still cannot downlaod anything from online , for example to reinstall IE7, When I right click nothing happens, and I still cannot acces Internet Options from the control Panel... and.. I cannot paste a HIJACK THIS LOG here, because i cannot right click (I tried CNTRL V also) .. My current browser across the top has teh back and fourth arrows, next to the address bar, followed by the refresh and the stop button and then a search bar and that's it... under it (where the file menu shoudl be) starts the internet page. At the bottom of the INternet page is the task ar (Start, short-cuts) followed by the windows I have open but the buttons at the bottom that identify the webpage just show the "E" with the gold band around it, and nothing else (nothing to tell me what the page is)..

Going on Day 5 with this :( PLEEEEASSEEEE HELP!!!!!!

Edited by Uplatewithu2, 04 September 2007 - 08:42 PM.

#4 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

Since Trojan HOrse Dropper Generic DZD was "found", please tell us the Location where it was found. Specifically. Write out the Path. e.g. C:\windows\system32\(name of the file) or C:Documents and Settings\username\local settings\etc. etc. That "might" help us to help you. Best Regards

#5 Doug

Doug

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 11:06 PM

I've asked a Malware Removal Expert to look in on your thread here. Please be patient, the Expert is not likely to log in until tomorrow, and may still be involved with other threads. In the meantime, please reply with the information I earlier requested. Best Regards, Doug

#6 ken545

ken545

Forum God

• Retired Classroom Teacher
  • 23,225 posts
  • Interests:Fighting Malware and cooking some great Italian and TexMex food
  • MVP

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:38 AM

Good Morning,

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe <-- This is legit as long as its in the windows\system32 folder.

C:\WINDOWS\\svchost.exe <-- If its here its a virus, delete it.

Hard to help you without a Hijackthis log.

Go to Start> Control Panel (make sure your in Catagory View) Performance and Maintenance> System Restore and Restore your computer to a date prior to this problem.

What I would suggest at this point is to download SuperAntiSpyware from another computer to a disk and then install it on this one , run the program and post the log if you can.

Please download SuperAntiSpyware
Install the program
  • Run SuperAntiSpyware and click: Check for updates
  • Once the update is finished, on the main screen, click: Scan your computer
  • Check: Perform Complete Scan
  • Click Next to start the scan.
Superantispyware scans the computer, and when finished, lists all the infections found.
Make sure everything found has a check next to it, and press: Next
Then, click Finish

It is possible that the program asks to reboot in order to delete some files.

Obtain the SuperAntiSpyware log as follows:
  • Click: Preferences
  • Click the Statistics/Logs tab
  • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SuperAntiSpyware Scan Log
It opens in your default text editor (such as Notepad)

Please provide the SuperAntiSpyware log in your reply, as well as a new HijackThis log.

Download to disk and transfer this program also.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.
  • This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main choose: Select All
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
Your system may start up slower after running ATF Cleaner, this is expected but will be back to normal after the first or second boot up

If after you run these programs and your able to run HJT , post a log please.

The forum is staffed by volunteers who donate their time and expertise.
If you feel you have been helped, please consider a donation.
donate.gif

Find us on Facebook
Please LIKE and SHARE

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

#7 Uplatewithu2

Uplatewithu2

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

Since Trojan HOrse Dropper Generic DZD was "found", please tell us the Location where it was found.
Specifically. Write out the Path.
e.g. C:\windows\system32\(name of the file)
or
C:Documents and Settings\username\local settings\etc. etc.

That "might" help us to help you.

Best Regards

Yes the Path of the Trojan was found C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\svchost.exe

But it is no longer there because AVG quarantined it.. just FYI, before I ran AVG I found it there and tried to deleate it manually but I couldn't. AVG had success . AVG also found 16 other items

Thanks

#8 Uplatewithu2

Uplatewithu2

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:26 AM

Good Morning,

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe <-- This is legit as long as its in the windows\system32 folder.

C:\WINDOWS\\svchost.exe <-- If its here its a virus, delete it.

Hard to help you without a Hijackthis log.

Go to Start> Control Panel (make sure your in Catagory View) Performance and Maintenance> System Restore and Restore your computer to a date prior to this problem.

What I would suggest at this point is to download SuperAntiSpyware from another computer to a disk and then install it on this one , run the program and post the log if you can.

Please download SuperAntiSpyware
Install the program

• Run SuperAntiSpyware and click: Check for updates
  • Once the update is finished, on the main screen, click: Scan your computer
  • Check: Perform Complete Scan
  • Click Next to start the scan.
Superantispyware scans the computer, and when finished, lists all the infections found.
Make sure everything found has a check next to it, and press: Next
Then, click Finish

It is possible that the program asks to reboot in order to delete some files.

Obtain the SuperAntiSpyware log as follows:
  • Click: Preferences
  • Click the Statistics/Logs tab
  • Under Scanner Logs, double-click SuperAntiSpyware Scan Log
It opens in your default text editor (such as Notepad)

Please provide the SuperAntiSpyware log in your reply, as well as a new HijackThis log.

Download to disk and transfer this program also.

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune to your desktop.
  • This program is for XP and Windows 2000 only
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main choose: Select All
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
Your system may start up slower after running ATF Cleaner, this is expected but will be back to normal after the first or second boot up

If after you run these programs and your able to run HJT , post a log please.

Thanks, I've tred System Restore a few weeks back, the last time I tried System Restore it came back telling me that it was impossible, I havn't tried Dloading the above mentioned yet, I will tonight when I get home from work.