Ztruker, Doug, & Welcome back Digerati:…
1st:..Ztruker:..
I turned off Windows Firewall…NO help…

…
2nd:..Doug:..
I looked "way" back into your thread regarding difficulties downloading Spybot.
You had to start over and over again, til finally one time it completed.
I looked "way" back in my brains memory & could not find it…..I'm NOT saying it's not there , just that I can't remember it…. <_<
Do you use a download manager?
I think the answer to this is NO….I'm not familiar with what a "download manager" is….
I don't use a download manager, but there are some "safe" ones and some "scam" ones.
Maybe we can get some recommendations for you if you need one.
I'm interested & ready!!!
Call me cynical, but right now, I'd bet that NetZero has changed some settings and that is presently interferring with Hot Mail.
If so, it is likely to be temporary, since Hot Mail is popular enough that people would already be complaining to NetZero..
I'm not sure that NetZero has changed some settings since Digerati's post has info that this problem is widespread….AND it's NOT temporary!!!….

…Up until today I would have TOTALLY agreed with you….
3rd:… Digerati:… Welcome back & GOOD to see ya again…
Is this problem ONLY with Hotmail?
Absatively posalutely YES!!
I went to Google - IE7 hotmail blank pages…….Man O' Man , did I open up a GIGANTIC can of worms here…..
It seems like 1000's of people have the same problem I have with few solutions!!! …
I don't see where you cleared the cache therefore I recommend first purging the hard drives of clutter with Windows (XP or Vista) Disk Cleanup, ATF Cleaner or CCleaner. If using CCleaner, uncheck the option to install the Yahoo toolbar during installation. Before first use, go to Options > Settings > Advanced and ensure Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours is unchecked. Know your site credentials (user names and passwords) for sites you frequent before cleaning; you may have to login again at next visit. Then see if it works.
Been there , Done that MANY times…..
If still no go, do you have Windows Live Messenger installed? Uninstalling Windows Live Messenger and reinstalling it using the Windows Live Installer has fixed this Hotmail blank page with IE7 problem for some. Also helpful was resetting the default Internet Properties > Security settings.
Yes, Windows Live Messenger (On my "Program" list it says "Windows Messenger" so I think that's what you mean ??) is installed…I have no fear about un-installing WLM…..But how do I re-install it ??
MS KB904942 was installed automatically quite awhile ago…..
Finally:
I think you all have a
real challenge here…..I'm NOT expecting a "miracle"…..In view of the magnitude of this problem , we'll try a few things to fix it……After that, I'll toss in the towel….PLEASE don't get me wrong…….You guys
ARE GREAT…….I seriously think that HotMail has the problem & needs to fix it…..I MAY be wrong….In any event, granted it would be better if I did have it , but I don't need HotMail & can get along quite nicely without it…..AND , more importantly , I do NOT want this thread to become another "YouTube" ……After this is posted I'm going to try HotMail in"Safe Mode with Networking" to see what happens….I'll Edit this or reply in a new post with the result….
Later fellas…..
EDIT:
OK, that idea didn't work….I restarted in "Safe Mode with Networking"……Tried to get online & it would NOT dial the phone number…..%$#(*@!!!…