This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

email problems- spyware?

6 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

I have Windows XP and DSL. I use both IE and Firefox. I do not have many problems using the net. However, when I use either yahoo mail or hotmail I have lots of problems. Often times, I cannot get into either one. I can usually get 1 or 2 emails and then when I click on either "delete" or "Next", it will either take over a minute to download or it will not download at all. I often get a message that the connection has been reset. I called the tech at the ISP and they cannot figure it out. It happens in both IE and Firefox. The tech was even on by remote access. When he was on remote access, he lost the connection a few times. Does anyone know what this might be?

The log is posted below. Is it spyware?

Thanks
GB
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:42:02 PM, on 1/24/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\ClientMan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\SpaceMan.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
C:\Program Files\ePrompter\ePrompter.exe
C:\WINDOWS\LMI5CB.tmp\rescue.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.exe
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\soffice.BIN
C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\gbChgMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SSU.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jucheck.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERK~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\zauninst.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\OWNERK~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\GLB105.tmp
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn0\YTBSDK.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\Ad-Aware.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\Star Downloader\stardown.exe
C:\Download\hijackthis(1)\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FFFFFEF0-5B30-21D4-945D-000000000000} - C:\PROGRA~1\STARDO~1\SDIEInt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpywareBot] C:\Program Files\SpywareBot\SpywareBot.exe -boot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpySweeper] "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeperUI.exe" /startintray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] "C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe" /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] "C:\Program Files\Roxio\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [swg] "C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\1.2.1128.5462\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" /R
O4 - Startup: ePrompter.lnk = C:\Program Files\ePrompter\ePrompter.exe
O4 - Startup: OpenOffice.org 2.0.lnk = C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 2.0\program\quickstart.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Digital Line Detect.lnk = C:\Program Files\Digital Line Detect\DLG.exe
O4 - Global Startup: GBSpaceMan.lnk = C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\SpaceMan.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Google Updater.lnk = C:\Program Files\Google\Google Updater\GoogleUpdater.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Star Downloader - C:\Program Files\Star Downloader\sdie.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Add to EverNote - {A5ABA0BB-F195-40d8-A5E9-0801153E6597} - C:\Program Files\EverNote\EverNote\enbar.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Add to EverNote - {A5ABA0BB-F195-40d8-A5E9-0801153E6597} - C:\Program Files\EverNote\EverNote\enbar.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secur…loadManager.ocx
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{53FF55A8-758D-415C-A05C-A51D8DF30A02}: NameServer = 12.6.42.1 12.6.42.2
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: GreenBorder Client Manager Service (clnt_ClientMan) - Green Border Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\ClientMan.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
Be sure to keep SunJava, updated

In Add/Remove programs click on these and press *remove* if listed:
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 - 97.99Mb
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 2 - 143.00Mb
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 4 - 144.00Mb
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 5- 151.00Mb
Java 2 Runtime Environment, SE v1.4.2_04 - 130.00Mb
Or any other outdated J2SE


It is important to remove older versions as these are the ones with the holes in them. You will be surprised when you go to add/remove to see all of the versions sitting there.

Download Newest >>>> http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Once installed you can test to see that it is in fact installed >>>>

Sun Java Test

Download and run - ATF Cleaner instructions here.

Rescan with HJT and post a new log here.
Also please describe how your computer behaves at the moment.
Little Eagle,

Thanks so much for looking at my log file. I deleted the old Java and installed new Java and did everything you wanted. Here is the new log.

GB

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 2:26:15 PM, on 2/11/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.5730.0011)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\ClientMan.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\SpaceMan.exe
C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\gbChgMon.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\COMPAN~1\Installs\cpn0\YTBSDK.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FFFFFEF0-5B30-21D4-945D-000000000000} - C:\PROGRA~1\STARDO~1\SDIEInt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn0\yt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with Star Downloader - C:\Program Files\Star Downloader\sdie.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\npjpi150_11.dll
O9 - Extra button: Add to EverNote - {A5ABA0BB-F195-40d8-A5E9-0801153E6597} - C:\Program Files\EverNote\EverNote\enbar.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Add to EverNote - {A5ABA0BB-F195-40d8-A5E9-0801153E6597} - C:\Program Files\EverNote\EverNote\enbar.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secur…loadManager.ocx
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{53FF55A8-758D-415C-A05C-A51D8DF30A02}: NameServer = 12.6.42.1 12.6.42.2
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\MSGRAP~1.DLL
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WLogon - C:\WINDOWS\
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WRNotifier - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WRLogonNTF.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe" /service (file missing)
O23 - Service: GreenBorder Client Manager Service (clnt_ClientMan) - Green Border Technologies, Inc. - C:\Program Files\GreenBorder\ClientMan.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe
I gotto the webpage and clicked on the link but it did not open. I then went to the same website using Firefox but it said that Firefox would not accept the scan ( or maybe it was the other way around) but I could not get it to accept Firefox and it would not open in IE. Any suggestions? Thanks
Little Eagle Sorry, I sent the other by mistake. I tried to do the scan with the link you sent. Basically, I had the same problem. I got the site. I clicked on the "start scan" button. Another page like the one I was on came up. I clicked on the "start scan" button agains and it just went to the same page again. I used the same link using Firefox. It said thatit would not accept the browser. Any more suggestions? GB
Here's the report. Thanks GB ——————————————————— AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report ——————————————————— + Created at: 10:50:54 PM 2/17/2007 + Scan result: :mozilla.42:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned. :mozilla.48:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned. :mozilla.37:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned. :mozilla.38:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned. :mozilla.39:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned. :mozilla.40:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned. :mozilla.44:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned. :mozilla.45:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned. :mozilla.59:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned. :mozilla.49:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pro-market : Cleaned. :mozilla.50:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pro-market : Cleaned. :mozilla.51:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pro-market : Cleaned. :mozilla.14:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Statcounter : Cleaned. :mozilla.52:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : Cleaned. :mozilla.53:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : Cleaned. :mozilla.54:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : Cleaned. :mozilla.55:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : Cleaned. :mozilla.56:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.KHALSA-MAIN.000\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\phjp7g9p.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : Cleaned. ::Report end
Download and Save blacklight to your desktop.
F-Secure Blacklight: https://europe.f-secure.com/blacklight/try.shtml
Double-click blbeta.exe then accept the agreement.
click > scan then > next,
You'll see a list of all items found - if found, so don't worry it tells that there were no files found.
In case hidden files were found, Don't choose for rename yet! I want to see the log first, because legit items can also be present there…
There must be also a log on your desktop with the name fsbl.xxxxxxx.log (the xxxxxxx stand for numbers)
Post the contents of the log in your next reply.
Little Eagle, I got a message that said nothing was found. I also downloaded Opera to see if it was just a problem with IE or Firefox. I have the same problem with Opera. GB 02/20/07 13:33:12 [Info]: BlackLight Engine 1.0.55 initialized 02/20/07 13:33:12 [Info]: OS: 5.1 build 2600 (Service Pack 2) 02/20/07 13:33:13 [Note]: 7019 4 02/20/07 13:33:13 [Note]: 7005 0 02/20/07 13:33:19 [Note]: 7006 0 02/20/07 13:33:19 [Note]: 7011 1220 02/20/07 13:33:20 [Note]: 7026 0 02/20/07 13:33:20 [Note]: 7026 0 02/20/07 13:33:32 [Note]: FSRAW library version 1.7.1021
Lirrle Eagle, Please look at the last post. Nothing showed up on my last scan. Also, I got 2 emails to my OE account today. One was a subject that my brother sent yesterday to our whole family.. I responded to all but got a reply from my mom's address using the same subject asking to respond to be put on a list of approved senders. The thing is that she is on vacation. I asked my sister who lives across the street and she said she has not been there in days. I got a few emails lately from "ebay" saying someone has been trying to get my pay pal from a foreign address in the last few days. I usually pay no attention to these. The one today was much more specific. It said a man, who they named bought a computer from Dell using my name from paypal. I am going to call Dell about this. I do not know if this is phishing or they actually got my data from paypal. Could you please check out if they are getting this kind of data from my omputer? I am still having lots of problems with yahoo, hotmail and gmail. Thanks GB
Sorry did not get a email when you replied,
Click \start\run\then type in or copy and paste in

sfc /scannow not the space between c and /


You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run sfc.

If sfc discovers that a protected file has been overwritten, it retrieves the correct version of the file from the
%systemroot%\system32\dllcache folder, and then replaces the incorrect file.

Try this link if you have any trouble.

http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
Little Eagle, I tried the scan a few times according to your directions. I typed in sfc/scannow and it said Windows could not find it. Then I did a search for it and it still could not find it. What do you suggest now? I looked on the net a little can couldnot find info. Can I load this program some way GB

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI