I upgraded to Windows SP2.Prior to the upgrade, when I was in an application and click on Menu-File-Open, after my initial file openning, each successive time I perform that, the first choice I would have available was the folder that I had accessed immidiately previous to this attempt. Now, since the upgrade, each time I go to Menu-File-Open, it defaults to a folder structure starting with My Documents, then My Computer, then My Network Places etc. Is there anyway to set the default to "last folder accessed"? Thank you in advance.
That setting has to do with the program you are using. Most programs include a "Default Open File Path" option where you can set the folder you wish to use.
Hi Vectris,
I undrestand what you are saying, but this worked fine PRIOR to my upgrade to Windows XP SP2. I'm thinking that it has soemthing to do with the upgrade. BTW - I exhausted looking at ALL options in the software to determine is it is contralled by the application. Apparently, it isn't. Thanks for hte thought..
Hi Abydos - not quite. I understand what these instructions are. Specifically, when I am in an application - or software - Nero, in this case, and I am in the Wave Editor, when I opened a file PRIOR to my upgrade, then attempted to open anohter file, when I perfformend the command Menu-Open-FIl, the sturcture displayed was the folder that I had previously accessed. Now, it is ALWAY showing a default structure of My Ducument, My Computer, My Network Place, etc. My rpoblem is, the files I'm accessing are further donwn in the sturctur. THe navigation is doable, but a pain, given what the sitatuion was prior to the upgrade.
Tim, I know this is not the solution you are looking for, but I use a small program called FileEX to handle almost all of my File Open/Save/Save as dialogs (MS Office ignores it). It has many nice features, one if which is ti always opens to the last path used.
It also allows you to have the entries shown in Details view. It's not free, but does have a free trial. Cost is $19.95 and worth every penny in my opinion.