This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems Opening Folders And Files...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm having a problem opening folders and files in Exploerer. Just a minute ago, I was able to double click on a folder or file and it would open. Now, all of a sudden, when I double click on a file or folder, it doesn't open, instead it shows me the folder/file's properties. To open it, I have to right click and select "open." Does anyone know why this might have happened or what I can do to set it back so I just have to double click in order to open? .
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problem in opening your files . If you hold down the Alt key and then double click on an icon this will open the properties rather than the file. Have you set sticky keys to on? Press the shift key 5 times in a row and this will being up the sticky keys…to change just press again the shift key 5 times See how you go and post back with the results. regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI