This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

search box empty

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Feb 5th the search box was not functioning. I restarted 3 consecutive times. The 3rd  which seemed to fix this issue.

Supposedly fixed my Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/windows-message-center#387]Resolved: Windows Search shows blank box
 

Resolved: Windows Search shows blank box
We are aware of a temporary server-side issue causing Windows search to show a blank box. This issue has been resolved for most users and in some cases, you might need to restart your device. We are working diligently to fully resolve the issue and will provide an update once resolved. 
 
This issue was resolved at 12:00 PM PST. If you are still experiencing issues, please restart your device. In rare cases, you may need to manually end the SearchUI.exe or SearchApp.exe process via Task Manager. (To locate these processes, select CTRL + Shift + Esc then select the Details tab.)

 SearchUI.EXE   under task manager>details looks like the attachment, on my system. Should it be suspended and disabled?

 

Cortana runs OK as does the rest of the PC to my knowledge.

Attachments:

you may need to manually end the SearchUI.exe or SearchApp.exe process via Task Manager. (To locate these processes, select CTRL + Shift + Esc then select the Details tab.)

 

This is moot as I am a running OK but If the above is what we are referring to, what am I not reading right which would indicate turning off UAC

I just searched UAC and turned it off then on. It seems to say, turn off searchui.exe manually.

I don't understand the wording.

Does Search.Exe mean UAC?

I do know about user action control Rich everythings OK I miss read something thats all.

I dont use Cortana and have it disabled

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI