This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Explorer Search not Working

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just noticed that the "Search" function within my Windows Explorer is not working. I'm not sure when it was working last as I don't use it that often. Here is what happens: When inside of Windows Explorer, I select a folder or drive and then click the "Search" button in the tool bar. Nothing seems to happen (as if the keystroke is ignored). The same happens when I try to initiate a search by right-clicking on a drive/folder, or by right-clicking the Start button, and selecting Search. What should I do? :unsure:
hmm.. well.. a couple things actually.. first, and to eliminate any possiblity of it being malicious.. Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum



Then, when we are sure everything in your log is ok, and if your still having problems, grab your windows installation cd and throw it in. Click on start..then run.. type cmd and hit enter. At the prompt type SFC /scannow and let it run its course.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI