This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Printing problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having problems with some of my printing. When I print from my word programe the printer works no problem. But when I try to print from my photo album it refuses to print .I also notice it doesnt even send it to the printer tray.I have tried uninstalling the drivers and software and re installing them from the hp web site,but that hasn't resolved the issue. My desktop pc is a dell insprion runing windows 7 upgraded from vista. And my printer is a HP photo smart 2610 all in one connected via a usb cable. my pc is about 12 months old and the printer worked fine on my previous pc . many thanks Arfon
Each application, such as Word or your photo Album, has a setting to configure the default printer that it will use. When you go to File in the command bar and then Print, you will be presented with options to select the Printer you wish to use.
It may require that you "click" on that printer to select it and set it as default printer. Is there a checkmark/tick in front of the printer name, or is it bold-highlighted?
the printer is the selected one as it is highlighted in the selection box when i press print it sends it to the printer, the icon apears at the bottom of the screen, but it says 0 documents in the tray Also sometimes the icon will not apear at all. thanks Arfon

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI