This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Canon I250 Printer

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have struggled with this issue for 3 days now, going through all the troubleshooting procedures, repeatedly reinstalling the driver, also removing LPT1 port in device manager; nothing works & I am stuck. I have had the printer for 3 years; it is connected via USB to my laptop running XP, but occasionally I have been printing out from an older PC running ME. Now it would not work with either. I am continuously getting the message, PRINT HEAD NOT INSTALLED! When troubleshooting, I also got a warning the parallel port might be malfunctioning, which is why I removed the port & let it reinstall on restart. USB cable seems to be alright, too (there is no obvious reason why it should not be), since I can switch the printer off direct from my laptop. Please help, if you have any suggestions! Otherwise it looks like a workshop job. :unsure:
Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems with your printer.
The usual solutions to printer install problems is to uninstall everything to do with your printer do a disc clean up (run the manufacturers uninstall /clean up tool if one is available from their website,) reboot and do a fresh install from a newly downloaded printer driver.
If you are installing to USB (this is standard for the i250) ensure that the printer driver and software is installed before you connect the printer via the USB cable. When you connect the printer via the USB cable your computer should then "find" the software and install it all correctly.
You mention the LPT port, but I seem to remember that the i250 does not have an LPT port and is only connected via USB so if you have a reference to LPT in your set up for this machine then this is probably what is causing the problem
The canon web site provides a wealth of information so as a start have a look here;
http://software.canon-europe.com/products/0000509.asp
Regards
paws
Thank you, paws! True enough, LPT1 shows in the device manager, while Norton System Info gives USB001, so this could be a problem. That I am unable to print from the second machine is worrying, though. Will go through the Canon website by all means.
Have exchanged messages with Canon tech support; the printer is broken, they say, so off to the shops after just over 3 years of light use. As expected, the repair (most likely a simple print head replacement) would be uneconomical. Well then, my glass is half empty, and half full.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI