This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

dumbest question on the planet

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

i know, i know, i'm the dumbest computer person in the world, but I can't seem to get my email accounts at yahoo, msn, netzero and verizon to remember my password and I hate having to sign in every time…i'm a lazy old lady :)…… I did find a screen somewhere last night in tools or internet explorer that I thought fixed it, but obviously NOT cause this morning I'm still having to sign in ….also, another dumb question….i can't find the place here where I can change my password to an easier version….i forgot my original one, this is a new computer (my old one completely could not be repaired, according to Staples)…… so I had to reset my password and they sent me a gobbledygook password I can never remember, and I looked, but couldn't find a way to reset it back to a easier one. thanks again for all your great help!!!!
Are you using Internet Explorer as your browser? If so, try this.
  • Click on Tools then Internet Options
  • Click on the Security tab
  • Click on Custom Level
  • Scroll all the way to the bottom for User Authentication / Logon
  • Select Automatic logon with current username and password
See if that works.
Hi again Rich…yeah, that's where I was, but I checked the wrong box…I checked the intranet one…..so I did change it right now. Thanks….. hopefully this will do it. I'll let you know. Thanks again.
well…… msn remembers my name and password….verizon only remembers my name, not my password and netzero same thing, it remembers my name, but ignores completely the box checked "keep me signed in for two weeks." arrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!
I think trying to find a Verizon forum and a NetZero forum might be the best thing to do at this point. I don't know of anything else you can do to change the behavior you are seeing.

You could try a different browser, like FireFox or Opera or even Apple's Safari.
thanks Rich….. I couldn't figure out why it is a problem with them, I've only ever had those one accounts with them….now Yahoo I have had multiple accounts, because I rarely used it, then would forget my sign in name and password, so Yahoo believes there are multiple users associated with me lol…… I'll try to find a forum like you suggest. it's really no big deal, but it just makes life easier on the days the arthritis has me in its vise grip. thanks again. we can close down this topic. warm regards, candice

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI