This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help uninstall firewall

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi Mark01,

There does not seem to be an uninstaller for CA Personal Firewall evident in this link that you could browse for information.

Before you do anything I would suggest ERUNT registry backup in case you have a problem during the following exercise.

I recommend Revo uninstaller to uninstall all my programs rather than using the Add and Remove utility.

TomK has given you good links for choosing other firewall downloads, however there are also links in my signature that include firewalls that I recommend. I use ZoneAlarm version 7.0 on my systems which I find excellent.

Which ever firewall you choose, please download it to your desktop, then disconnect from the internet, uninstall CA Personal Firewall and install the chosen firewall on your desktop before connecting again to the internet.

Keep us posted.

kind regards,
Just wanted to add, that when you uninstall with Revo Uninstaller, you have the option to right-click the program you want to uninstall and choose "Force Uninstall" in case you get a message that it can't. Cheers :thumbup:
Ok I think I successfull uninstalled the firewall. I also installed a new one. I don't know what happened but now when I restart a message saying "found new hardware" "searching for drivers" comes up in the tray but I have not installed any new hardware. What did I do. The computer seems to be acting fine. Thanks again for all of your help Mark
Hi Mark,

Glad you had success with installing your new Firewall.

Right click on the 'found new hardware icon' near the clock and tell me the options offered please. Do not uninstall anything, just report back….thanks.

Suggest you

  • Open My Computer
  • Properties
  • Hardware
  • Device Manager
  • Look for yellow or red warnings and report back please.
Keep us posted.

kind regards,
Well it made a liar out of me. I restarted again to right click on it and it did not appear. I think everything is ok. Thanks again for your time. Mark

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI