This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Norton Firewall

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Dwnloaded/trialed pop up blocker prgms.Uninstalled them. My Norton Firewall and Antivirus wouldn't come up at all. Uninstalled/reinstalled Antivirus,OK. Try to uninstall Firewall I get "Norton Firewall account with supervisor access must be logged in to uninstall this product.If firewall is not running,run it from the Start menu and log in." Then, "Preparing to remove…", "Fatal error during installation." Doesn't matter if I use the Firewall Uninstall or Add/Remove Program,still same result. Advise? Help? Much appreciated. Thanks. Doug :scratch:
The latest version of Norton has a sign on for supervisor. It is my experience that it does not have a password set up, unless the user makes one, and that as soon as you "log in" as the supervisor you can add/delete, uninstall, modify or remove it.
Did you ever mangage to solve this problem? I have posted a similar problem last week to which I do not yet have an answer. Your previous response states the starting point, that Norton Firewall gives an option to use a Supervisor password but runs by default in supervisor mode. My problem was that a password was remotely added (the value of which is therefore unknown to me) thus leaving the programme set in protected mode. I therfore cannot change any settings, unistall or re-install the programme. I am just about to wipe the computer clean and start a re-installation of Windows from scratch. I will not be reinstalling Norton Firewall 2004 but may re-install 2002, this does not have the supervisor option.