Software
windows installer
2 min read
vmanbb
Topic Starter
As usual, when trying to fix one problem, I ended up with a different one. I had problems with my CA Internet Suite firewall, so they told me to uninstall and reinstall. Uninstall was easy. But I can't reinstall. After 10 chat sessions, 3 or 4 hours on hold, and a couple of phone calls, the technician told me my windows installer was stopping the installation and I would need to fix that first. Any ideas on fixing this so I can get my firewall, anti spam, etc back on line.
tallin
As usual, when trying to fix one problem, I ended up with a different one. I had problems with my CA Internet Suite firewall, so they told me to uninstall and reinstall. Uninstall was easy. But I can't reinstall. After 10 chat sessions, 3 or 4 hours on hold, and a couple of phone calls, the technician told me my windows installer was stopping the installation and I would need to fix that first. Any ideas on fixing this so I can get my firewall, anti spam, etc back on line.
Hello 'vmanbb',
I am sorry you are having issues with your firewall suite.
How long before your contract with CA Internet Suite firewall expires?
After uninstalling, did you run Windows Install Cleanup. Also I suggest it is a always wise to go to your program folder for the software you are uninstalling and delete the folder before attempting to install the same software again. This is mostly always in C:\Drive > program files. Also check in Add and Remove that the installation is not evident would be another tip.
If the Windows installer is stopping your attempt to reinstall CA Internet Suite, the above suggestions may correct your problem.
Have you thought of Zone Alarm free, a very well respected firewall.
Please post back with an update or if we can help in any other way.
kind regards,
vmanbb
Thanks so much for your reply. The CA suite is provided free via my ISP, but we were bought out by comcast, and I will be changing email addresses and support services in the next 3 to 4 months. Comcast offers MacAfee suite free, so I pretty much came to the same conclusion earlier that you implied … it isn't worth the hassle or my time to try and resolve this. Of course, I wasn't smart enough to decide that earlier. So, I will be looking for a firewall, spam filter, spy ware monitor, virus protection, etc. I will look into the firewall you recommended, and do some more research as well. Thanks again
Ztruker
Recommended AV, Firewall and Spyware programs

- Anti-virus - AVG Free
- Firewall - Comodo
- Spyware - Spyware Blaster, Spybot Search & Destroy
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI