Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong bit but I am new to the forum…..
Can anyone help me I have just purchased a new laptop and I am trying to connect it to my boyfriends wireless modem but it's asking me for the security key but my boyfriend can not remember what he set it as is there any way round this??
Any help much appreciated.
Lynne
Sorry your having issues. First off can you let me know what type of wireless modem you are using? Look at the thing and write down things like brand name, model number…
Post that info and I can see if I can assist you with your problem.
Tell your boyfriend to reset the router to factory default state. This is normally done by unplugging the power, then pressing and holding the very small Reset button and plugging the power back in. Hold the reset button in for at least 10 seconds after reconnecting the power.
He should then be able to go into the router and setup WEP, WPA or WPA2 security again, only this time remember the password used!!
If you post the make and model number of the router, I may be able to find the Users Guide if your boyfriend doesn't have it. It will tell you in there the correct method to use. The one I gave you above works for Linksys (or at least the Linksys routers I've played with).
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI