Software
Need some firefox help
2 min read
just sara
Topic Starter
Hi guys
I recently installed firefox and added some add ons. The problem i'm having now is that I can't save my passwords anymore. I have to re enter every time. A pop up (firefox) ask do i want password saved. I check yes but I still have to re enter. So how do I get back to being able to save a password?
thank you
just sara
tallin
Hi just sara,
Have you thought how vulnerable you would be if you enable the option to save your passwords?
A quick google tells you how, but I would advise thinking about the danger in doing so if I were you.
Have you thought how vulnerable you would be if you enable the option to save your passwords?
A quick google tells you how, but I would advise thinking about the danger in doing so if I were you.
kind regards,One of Firefox's most convenient features is its ability to save the passwords you use to log on to web sites - like your webmail and online banking - so you don't have to type them in every time. Those saved passwords appear as asterisks in the password field, but did you know how easy it is to see what they are? In Firefox, from the Tools menu, choose Options, and in the Passwords tab hit the "View Saved Passwords" button. Then hit "Show Passwords." Yup, there they are, all your high security passwords in plain text and full sight. I kid you not.
Ztruker
Hello again Sara.
What Addons did you install. It's quite likely one of them is causing the problem. To see, click on Tools, Options, Main tab then the Manage Addons button. You can disable them one at a time and try saving a password.
Abydos
Hi Sara
Its due to the cookies already saved by Firefox. I was also puzzled by this behaviour a long time ago
when I started using Firefox.
Here's the trick to rectify that behaviour;
Go to the site in question.
Log in, and say no to let FX remember the password.
Log out again, from whatever logout button there is.
Next step is to clear your private browser data.
Press down CTRL + SHIFT + DEL(ETE) at once
Put additional ticks / checkmarks in Cookies and Saved passwords
Click ok
WARNING: Any saved passwords will be removed, if you can't remember your other passwords in your head, be sure to write them down before doing the above step!
Now you should be able to re-enter the page, and this time answer
yes to let Firefox remember the password.
Do note that many pages doesn't support autofill forms, such as encrypted sites, secure banking
pages etc. And with good reason. There is a workaround to this, but that I wouldn't recommend to
use under any circumstances, short of having Alzheimer's.
And I will advocate the use of a master-passwords also, if you use this feature.
It only takes one browser-HiJack, and you have compromised all of your passwords.
Regards Abydos
Its due to the cookies already saved by Firefox. I was also puzzled by this behaviour a long time ago
when I started using Firefox.
Here's the trick to rectify that behaviour;
Go to the site in question.
Log in, and say no to let FX remember the password.
Log out again, from whatever logout button there is.
Next step is to clear your private browser data.
Press down CTRL + SHIFT + DEL(ETE) at once
Put additional ticks / checkmarks in Cookies and Saved passwords
Click ok
WARNING: Any saved passwords will be removed, if you can't remember your other passwords in your head, be sure to write them down before doing the above step!
Now you should be able to re-enter the page, and this time answer
yes to let Firefox remember the password.
Do note that many pages doesn't support autofill forms, such as encrypted sites, secure banking
pages etc. And with good reason. There is a workaround to this, but that I wouldn't recommend to
use under any circumstances, short of having Alzheimer's.
And I will advocate the use of a master-passwords also, if you use this feature.
It only takes one browser-HiJack, and you have compromised all of your passwords.
Regards Abydos
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI