This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Verify Identity-Firefox Hell

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I wanted a look at a saved password.Past no problem,click on eye symbol and it appeared.

 

Just now tried that and ended with window saying

 

Windows Security

 

Mozilla Firefox

 

Verify your identity to reveal saved password.

 

Asks to fill in   Username  and Password.  Tried everything no luck.What username ?

 

It gives 2 more choices:  Use a different account    or PIN.

 

I never signed into any firefox account.I most definitly did not ask it to install this security

feature.

 

In exasperation I clicked on the circle with human face into firefox, it gave me the choice

to get out of firefox, asked for my email then said that it was done.

 

But nothing changed. So I uninstalled it. Then reinstalled. No change.

 

How can I be free of this security feature? Please help.

What version of Firefox? I just installed Firefox (I don't use it) and got version 76.0.1.

 

Check your Firefox setting under Privacy & Security. Make sure Use a Master password is not checked.

Thank you.Problem solved.

 

I tried Chrome and it told me that Windows wanted to verify!!!!!

 

Then it was easy.I used win10 login name and password. Worked like a charm.

 

As has been usual you came to help.

 

Thank you very much.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI