Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93078 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox 3.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bdgranpa

bdgranpa

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:45 AM

My home page info is not being saved. Any help? Also, line calling attention to free browser - know your options continuallu pops up when closing the browser, I check do not ask next time but it is ignored. this only started withver 3.0 Help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Missouri Mobile

Missouri Mobile

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Interests:production. and by production i mean producing things... music, art, websites, movies, videos, tutorials, computers, results...

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:26 PM

Hello bdgranpa!

Let's see if I can help you out.

If I understand correctly your issue is that Firefox is not saving your homepage setting and you are also receiving a message stating:

"line calling attention to free browser"

and your issue started when you started using version 3.0?

First i must recommend that you backup your bookmarks if you have any.

1) Open Firefox
2) Click Bookmarks
3) Click Organize Bookmarks
4) Click Import/Backup
5) Click Backup
6) Save the file to your desktop or other location of choice

Next I would make sure that you are running the latest version of Firefox. According to their website they are up to version 3.0.6. To check the version of Firefox you are running...

1) Open Firefox
2) Click Help
3) Click About Firefox

The version should be posted on the window that open. Please post that in a reply here.

If you are not running the latest version I would recommend Uninstalling your current version of Firefox and then downloading and installing the latest version from Mozilla's website here.

Let me know your results.

Thanks,

Missouri Mobile
.:BACK:UP:YOUR:DATA:. Missouri Mobile - Online 25/8 - Bridging Imagination and Computing

#3 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:27 PM

Sounds like a possibility of some cr^pware on that machine.

If your problem persists, and if you experience other unusual browsing, please consider a visit over to our Malware Removal Forum.
Start Here. Please be patient.
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.