Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91702 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Can't access the internet most of the time

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JFoster

JFoster

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:29 PM

Hello, I have a Dell Inspirion B130 that I bought about 1 1/2 years ago .When I got it this was my first experience with wireless internet. It immediately picked up several unsecured networks and surfed the web fine. More recently it has started to rarely open the internet, despite showing a "good connection". Other times it is "unable to connect", or "aquiring network address" ... basically not working. The same networks show up with good signal as they always have, but won't run like it did.Had a friend tell me it sounded like my wireless modem was taking a dump , idk... :pullhair: thoughts?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:29 AM

Hi, Here's some thoughts for you, on your connection 1 Make sure you are running only one anti virus (resident in memory) as if you have more than this they are likely to quarrel 2 This could be a firewall problem, so if you are operating from behind a hardware firewall ( within a router) then disable your two way software firewall and see if this does the trick. (a reboot may be necessary.) 3 Make sure your Windows firewall is not switched on, as well as a two way software firewall 4 What form of encryption are you using on your wireless broadcast signal? 5 Have you set up your machine with the correct WEP/WPA password? 6 Can you access the Internet using a different browser? 7 Can you access the internet non wirelessly? 8 Have you tried power cycling your router/ modem? 9 Is your wireless adapter card correctly installed, up to date drivers, and no yellow or red flags in Device Manager? Let us know how you go: the make and model number of your Router/modems might help us help you. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate