okay, it told me i had 1254 problems…and only cured 2 of them…. so it asked do you want to register for the full version of regcure…and i said yes…and I have tried three times, but it doesn't direct me to the page…it just goes to a blank windows explorer screen every time…..
i assume I have to pay for this now….. is this absolutely necessary? How much will it cost, do you know? What did this have to do with my java settings? …well, whatever…I can't access it
ok, i'm doing the computer maintenance stuff…i have to reboot. i'll be back
What program are you using here? if you are being asked to pay to "fix" the "problems" on your computer, I doubt they actually exist.
And if they do exist, there's probably another (free) way to fix them.
Go download CCleaner, and see what that does for you.
that whole paragraph, "if you are running into a stubborn trojan"….had no meaning for me….what are drivers? formats? all this stuff is greek to me. I have no frame of reference….. when i said compudodo, I meant that dodo part…. the reason they are extinct is that they were incredibly dumb dumb dumb…… honestly…. i just don't get the whole computer scenario, how it works, the terminology….. i'm patching things up as I run into them, it's the best I can do. i'm sorry.
I am really sorry you have the isssues you are experiencing.
I do suggest you spend no money at all on any software, that includes registry, firewall, cleaners of any type at all. It is just not necessary. All are free in my posts I sent to attempt to help you, they work well as I have all or most of the software running on my computers, including ZoneAlarm which I like very much with no issues.
In all my posts to you I have done my very best on every ocassion. I am just so sorry that what I have suggested has not worked out for you. I have stressed continually to take it all step by step.
My last advice to you (if/when you can) is to find a good trustworthy IT (Internet Technician) in a place near to where you live. List out the problems you are having, go in and get a quote, then if you come to an agreement, go and collect your tower, take it to him to correct the problems you are having.
We here at WTT do not like being beaten, and certainly do not like sending you off to spend money, but a hands on your computer by a engineer will I am sure help to solve all your current problems.
With best regards, and keep us posted how you go and what you decide to do.
that whole paragraph, "if you are running into a stubborn trojan"….had no meaning for me….what are drivers? formats? all this stuff is greek to me. I have no frame of reference….. when i said compudodo, I meant that dodo part…. the reason they are extinct is that they were incredibly dumb dumb dumb…… honestly…. i just don't get the whole computer scenario, how it works, the terminology….. i'm patching things up as I run into them, it's the best I can do. i'm sorry.
ok… basically if you have an infection that even the pro's on this site cannot eradicate, (usually a rootkit, which there is no way to tell if it's actually fully gone or not except using linux, but we will not go there.) the only way to be sure is to do a full format. (erase your hard drive) and reinstall windows all over again, provided you have your drivers (files required to get your hardware working correctly with the operating system) Considering your experience, I would have someone personally LOOK at your PC (not just stand there and look in it's direction, but get on there and try to find out where and what the problem is then tell you in a way that you can understand.)
I would NOT suggest anything like GeekSquad. read ripoffreport.com on geeksquad and you'll find out why. Considering you are on these forums asking for help means you have the ambition to learn how to fix. or possibly prevent the problems from happening, granted though, it is a lengthy process to understand the concepts involved when dealing with this type of technology, it is designed to hide from you, so "digging into the registry" may seem like 40,000,000,000 piece puzzle that you don't want to even start, it is inevitable.
To sum it all up, see if you can do (as everyone else above have said) without dishing out the cash.