This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Sudden trouble with connection hard wired through ethernet

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I woke up yesterday and my internet had literally died in its sleep. It was working fine, connected through the ethernet port from one room to the next. I tried a different cord, tried to hook it up to the XBOX (XBOX live worked) and I'm not one step closer to a solution. The computer doesn't even realize there is anything plugged in. I was thinking maybe to try something where I could hook into the USB port? I'm not sure how that would work. Also, to be completely forthright, there was alcohol involved in the night before it went out. I know a beer got spilled but it was on the right side of the laptop, the opposite side of the ethernet port. So I'm pretty lost.
hi,

ethernet ports have status lights. see any activity? can you ping your router?

I know a beer got spilled but it was on the right side of the laptop

that dosnt sound good.

shelf life

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI