This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Email & Internet

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Greetings, I am unable to upload files to email or the internet this goes for photos as well. Is there something I can do to rectify this with my Compaq laptop with Windows Vista? Any help with this would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks in advance for all of your help
Hi Bro32nd I would like some more info, to easier pinpoint the problem. Do you get any error-messages? If yes, what does it say? Does the place where you try to upload to, have a size-limit on files that can be uploaded? Have you tried upload the files in a different format? Have you tried upload them one at a time, instead of a whole folder for example? Regards Abydos

Hi Bro32nd

I would like some more info, to easier pinpoint the problem.

Do you get any error-messages? If yes, what does it say? I get on photos "Connection Interrupted" On Files I get nothing but a spinning circle and then no activity then I have to refresh the page and start all over.

Does the place where you try to upload to, have a size-limit on files that can be uploaded? No the size requirements are always met

Have you tried upload the files in a different format? Yes I've tried several different formats

Have you tried upload them one at a time, instead of a whole folder for example? Yes I always upload one at a time with all files and photos.

Regards Abydos

I have also used Mozilla FireFox and IE Explorer 7. I am still unable to upload photos and files. I've used FTP programs and all other facets and ways of uploading. Any help with this would be so greatly appreciated.
Hi Bro32nd Sorry for getting back to you this late. (Real life sometimes gets in the way :blush: ) I can see Ztruker already have posted a excellent advice to try out. I must admit, that trying to research this, is really finding the needle in the haystack, as the problem could be so many different things. But to get you started, here are some things that I would check, if I was the one getting those connection interrupted and Ztrukers advice doesn't shed some light on the mystery. 1. Exclude bad signal from the equation: Connect cabel directly to PC or Modem, excluding any form of router. 2. Check my firewall port forwarding in case it is file-sharing you are trying to accomplish. 3. Try upload with my browsers in default / safe-mode setting, excluding any addons, customised settings etc. 4. Turn on Windows Firewall, shut down 3rd party firewall if any, and see how it goes. Otherwise I am a bit stumped, but I am sure we'll find a solution. ;) Regards Abydos
Hi, There may be a size limit problem,it must have exceeded the given size limit . Check your file type whether its .jpeg , .gif etc, as the uploading sites have some condition of type formats.. Dint you get any error message?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI