Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

sending pictures online

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 decipherfreak

decipherfreak

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:29 PM

Hi, what are some good ways to send photos online? I want to share the originals so they can be downloading from the other side, not just viewed. I also want to save bandwidth usage. Is emailing a good way? Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:47 PM

Hi,

For me the very best way to send pictures to anyone in the world is to create a Gmail account for yourself. Attaching the pics to it does not make the recipient download if they do not care to. They have a choice as they only receive the email showing that the pics can be downloaded to their hard drive. The choice is theirs...

best regards,

#3 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:24 PM

They have a choice as they only receive the email showing that the pics can be downloaded to their hard drive. The choice is theirs...

I believe that's how they all are. You don't have to use G-mail to get that kind of advantage. But still G-mail is a good e-mail to go with.

I also want to save bandwidth usage

Sending pictures isn't something that will take up your bandwith for more than 5 minutes, after that, your bandwith will be available for everything else again. I'm not sure if your thinking that it will be a permanent thing because otherwise you hardly have to worry about the bandwith usage when uploading the photos, unless you have dialup...

I want to share the originals so they can be downloading from the other side, not just viewed

Just about 100% of the time, if you can view the picture, you can right click it and save it to your desktop, no downloading necessary (well the act of saving it is a download but it happens almost instantly).

If you have specific people you want to show pictures, e-mail is the best way to go. All e-mails (should) have an attachement system with which you can browse for files to attach, including pictures.

If you want a public way to display pictures, such as on forums or websites, there are several different free online image hosting sites such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us.

Edited by Vectris, 12 February 2009 - 04:25 PM.

The internet's most useful tool, Google.

"Life's like a game of Poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" - Garfield