Hi, what are some good ways to send photos online? I want to share the originals so they can be downloading from the other side, not just viewed. I also want to save bandwidth usage. Is emailing a good way?
Thanks
For me the very best way to send pictures to anyone in the world is to create a Gmail account for yourself. Attaching the pics to it does not make the recipient download if they do not care to. They have a choice as they only receive the email showing that the pics can be downloaded to their hard drive. The choice is theirs…
They have a choice as they only receive the email showing that the pics can be downloaded to their hard drive. The choice is theirs…
I believe that's how they all are. You don't have to use G-mail to get that kind of advantage. But still G-mail is a good e-mail to go with.
I also want to save bandwidth usage
Sending pictures isn't something that will take up your bandwith for more than 5 minutes, after that, your bandwith will be available for everything else again. I'm not sure if your thinking that it will be a permanent thing because otherwise you hardly have to worry about the bandwith usage when uploading the photos, unless you have dialup…
I want to share the originals so they can be downloading from the other side, not just viewed
Just about 100% of the time, if you can view the picture, you can right click it and save it to your desktop, no downloading necessary (well the act of saving it is a download but it happens almost instantly).
If you have specific people you want to show pictures, e-mail is the best way to go. All e-mails (should) have an attachement system with which you can browse for files to attach, including pictures.
If you want a public way to display pictures, such as on forums or websites, there are several different free online image hosting sites such as www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI