This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

E-mail Attachments

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have windows XP Home sp2. I have always had no problem opening e-mail attachments. Starting a couple days ago I can't open them, my sister inlaw sent some pics and when we try to open them I get an error message says this File does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create and association in the folder options control panel. I don't know how to do what it says. I don't understand why all of a sudden I get this error never had the problem before, also last night my wife tried to download pics from her digital camera and they would not download, never had that problem either, don't know if they are connected. can someone help?? Please :angry:
What's the name of the files in the attachments? :unsure:

Windows uses the file extension to know what program to use to open it with.

Like "*.doc" files are normally opened with Word. "*.jpg" files are picture files. "*.txt" files are opened with Notepad. etc…

It sounds like if they are "picture files" that they are incorrectly named. :)

Why not post a fresh Hijack This! log file…. Maybe something has invaded you machine?