Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Cannot upload files while online

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rich10

rich10

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:00 AM

I'm using Vista with Firefox, I get online with no problem, can go surf most sites, but when i try to download something from a site a get a message that says I,m not connected to the internet,but I am also if I shut down Firefox it will not open until i restart the labtop I turned off the Firewall Removed all Virus programs but Norton 360 which I cannot remove-its cannot find the Path in add/remove and when I tried to download a Norton360 removal program it would not connect to internet. I had tried AVG and Avira and Virus programs but they will not update after install and they found just tracking cookies Tried Kaspersky virus program but Norton 360 needs to be removed firest which i cannot do. I have three labtops running in this house only the one running Vista is a problem Also I,m online with my labtop because I can open AOL mail and read it I cant write new mail- it will not open Thinking about reformating and installing xp pro never had so many problems since Vista Any help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 8210GUY

8210GUY

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,284 posts
  • Interests:Hoping to die.

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:09 AM

Right get rid of the Norton rubbish, as you can't download on that system simply download the removal program on another system, then use a thumb drive or burn it to disk to move over to the problem system, might be worth your while doing the same with Avast and when thats installed it will ask if you want to do a boot time scan, say yes and then reboot, the system may not appear to do anything for a while, but it is scanning and will complete booting once thats finished. Once thats done see how you go and report back, we can go from there then.

Braindead

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:24 PM

"Removed all Virus programs but Norton 360 which I cannot remove-its cannot find the Path in add/remove and when I tried to download a Norton360 removal program it would not connect to internet."

Hard to remove Norton when you can't download the removal tool.
\
Have you tried downloading the Norton removal tool using Internet Explorer? If not, give that a try and let us know how oyu do.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown