This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

HD DVD Player

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Yes, i know that Blu Ray won the format war (and i'm glad), however i managed to pick up an Xbox 360 HD-DVD player for next to nothing, and HD-DVDs are selling for £1-3 each in the UK, which works out approx $4-$6 a film. And in HD ! Anyone else doing the same thing? It makes sense to make the most out of cheap HD films if you ask me. I've yet to test it, i'll probably give it a whirl tomorrow and post the results. I've used Blu Ray and was extremely impressed. From what i'm told, HD-DVD's picture quality is virtually the same as Blu Ray's, but the sound quality is compressed. I suppose you'd need to play them next to each other at a high volume to hear the difference, if the difference is actually that great. Either way, some bargain HD-DVD films to be watched! 'Bob
The "only" dvd player other than this computer that I've ever had is an xbox – don't know what features it has. It might be 360 but I don't recall it indicating that it had HD capability. I have the devil's own trouble trying to get the darn thing to start, even though my Son can walk in and get it started straight-away. Hope your adventure and collection works well for you. Doug