Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Blu Ray For Backup Solution?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Video games.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

I had a PS3 and was very impressed with Blu Ray. The build quality, reliability etc. The disks themselves are fairly scratch resistant and seem dust resistant (not that i left them in a particularly dusty environment). Anyway. I have two external hard drives and two internal. The two externals are generally full what with my music (legal) and pictures and videos. (holiday + family etc). Does anyone else think burning data to Blu Ray is an effective storage solution? I have burnt some data to DVD disks and i just go through them like crazy. I am fully aware of the positives and negatives of Blu Ray (i can only think of one negative to be honest and it's not even such a bad thing). So basically, i'd just like to hear some opinions. Are there any decent Blu Ray burners on the market right now? Not that i'm in a big rush, but i think having a couple of Blu Ray disks rather than 5 x the amount of DVD's would save some space in my home and be a good idea overall. 'Bob

::: My Spec :::

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online

Advertisements

Register to Remove