timeaftertime
Topic Starter
Have my HDTV setup and just upgraded to Blu Ray player finally because HD DVD is dead.
I only had 1 HDMI port on the HDTV ( go figure, you pay $1500 and the TV only has 1 HDMI port
)
I also have a Yamaha AVR that is several years old that lack HDMI but sounds great and really wanted a simple way to add HDMI switching and someway of allowing me to run the audio to the AVR.
The folks at the electronics store tried to sell me a $2000 AVR which I don't really need . Even with the Tax Rebate from Bush , I could not afford it.
Finally found a Toslink Audio + HDMI switch combo. Got it installed and it is simple and exactly what I needed.
It has both HDMI inputs and Optical audio inputs and they are both synchronized. So I simply select the HDMI port, the optical selection follows.
The great thing is that HDMI carries audio and video so I don't turn on the AVR unless I want surround sound for DVD movies. So that definatly keeps things easy.
I only had 1 HDMI port on the HDTV ( go figure, you pay $1500 and the TV only has 1 HDMI port
I also have a Yamaha AVR that is several years old that lack HDMI but sounds great and really wanted a simple way to add HDMI switching and someway of allowing me to run the audio to the AVR.
The folks at the electronics store tried to sell me a $2000 AVR which I don't really need . Even with the Tax Rebate from Bush , I could not afford it.
Finally found a Toslink Audio + HDMI switch combo. Got it installed and it is simple and exactly what I needed.
It has both HDMI inputs and Optical audio inputs and they are both synchronized. So I simply select the HDMI port, the optical selection follows.
The great thing is that HDMI carries audio and video so I don't turn on the AVR unless I want surround sound for DVD movies. So that definatly keeps things easy.