This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Unable to install IE7

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello,

I cannot install IE7 on my XP SP3 system through Windows Update or by first downloading IE7. I now have IE6 and would like to update to IE7.

My antivirus and my firewall are closed when I try to install. I tried the various methods suggested by MS but none works.

Can you please help me?

Edit: I found the solution thanks to this page : http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content…t_be_installed_
[external image: Posted Image] tochiro,

I would suggest anyone accessing the link in your post to backup their registry following this advice given by LDTate first.

We are glad you found a solution to your problem, come and see us again if you have further need for advice as there are many volunteers here willing to give their time to assist.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI