Hi, I am new at this and have very little knowledge about computer… I was wondering if any1 could help me … I have been trying to install IE7 for quite some time now …. but after everything it says." Setup was unable to install the latest Windows Internet Explorer updates. After you restart your computer, open Internet Explorer, click the tools button, and click Windows Update."… I would love to do that , the thing is that there is no Tools button!!! …. you see, after the installation only features my IE7 has is the address bar, the refresh button, the stop button and the Live Search bar…. thats it!!! …there are no other features or buttons in my IE7 …. even the upload,"save target as" and the delete option dont work…… I have followed all the steps for the installation, and whatever solutions microsoft site suggests … but nothing worked …….. can any1 help me and tell me what I am doing wrong?… Windows version is WinXP SP2 …..📎this_is_what_my_IE7_looks_like.JPG … I have attached a scrrenshot of what my IE7 looks like …
Hi and
Sorry to hear of the problem with Internet Explorer.
It looks as though you might be running IE7 in "full screen mode" so it would be worth pressing F11 and see if this helps (F11 generally acts as a "toggle" switch between full screen and "normal screen"
Post back and let us know if this helps
Regards
paws
thanks for your reply …… I pressed F11, and only after that it went into the full screen mode ….I pressed F11 again and it went back to the mode I have shown in the screenshot ……….. unfortunately it means I am not running in the full screen mode ….
I am putting up 2 screen shots of my IE7 during full screen mode …….
📎this_is_what_my_ie7_looks_like_after_full_screen_mode_trala.jpg … this one's when neither of the buttons or the address bar appears and
📎this_is_what_my_IE7_looks_like_after_full_screen_mode_tra_la_2.jpg ….. this one's when the buttons and the bar appears …..
I think the diiference between the full screen and the normal mode will be the "blue" part (just above the address bar which disappears on full mode) and 'minimize', 'maximize' and 'close' buttons (which on full mode appear alongside the search bar, instead of appearing on the "blue" part).
Hi Ok,
It looks as though IE7 has not installed properly. Try this:
1 Click on Start
2 Click on All Programs
3 Click on Windows Update ( towards the top of the list)
Try to update and see how you go.
If this does not do the trick then its probably best to uninstall IE 7 and after a reboot try the install again.
You mentioned that you were trying to install IE7 for "some time" what problems did you experience/
Was IE 6 running OK?
Was your machine running fast and sweetly with no problems immediately before you tried to update to IE7?
Regards
paws
Hi paws,
I did as u told me to .Windows Update worked fine, though none of the updates helped my IE7 problem .Also, uninstalling and installing again only brought back the "Startup was unable to install the latest ….. " message all over again … sigh …. in short, I am still stuck with the same problem.
Answering your other question,my Windows XP had become very slow and used to hang up or freeze a lot about 6 months back. As I had hardly any knowledge about computers back then and didnt know what to do, dad asked our vendor to help us. He took our computer and a week later he returned it with a new user account. He showed us the new user and said it worked fine. So my XP now had 2 user accounts and of course, later I realized the old user continued with the same problems. I also noticed that he had changed the Internet Explorer version from IE7 to IE6. (I had installed IE7 back then which was working fine).But since the original problems were never solved, I asked one of my friends who has better knowledge about computers to help me out. He installed some of the softwares like Registry Mechanic, Ccleaner, antivirus etc and he also ran disk defragmenter, scandisk etc. Now my windows was working fine without any problems and so we decided to install IE7 again. And thats when this problem started. He didnt know what to do and I cant trust my vendor anymore.
I am not sure whether the whole story is relevant but I am hoping that it will give u a better idea about my problem and you can come up with a solution
Thanks for your concern.
Here you can find a version, that lets you download it to desktop…..LINK
Download the lastest version in the green box to the right.
Reboot and enter safe mode.
To reboot and enter safe mode : Hit F8 right after first bios screen, just tap it till you reach the black boot screen. Select safe mode without network.
Now install the IE7 which you downloaded to your desktop, and reboot.
Hi Abydos
thanks for your reply . I did exactly as u said. downloaded the file to the desktop. uninstalled IE7. and then installed IE7 in safe mode. Unfortunately the same message("Setup was unable to install the latest Windows ………) appeared in the safe mode too. The problem persists.
Hi Abydos
thanks for your reply . I did exactly as u said. downloaded the file to the desktop. uninstalled IE7. and then installed IE7 in safe mode. Unfortunately the same message("Setup was unable to install the latest Windows ………) appeared in the safe mode too. The problem persists.
Hi again
Do you have problems with other updates as well, or is it only IE7?
Could you by accident have denied access to the net for SVChost.exe via your firewall?
You did remember to try update the new install after reboot right? Remember you was in safe mode without network.
No worry, somehow we will get to the bottom if this. Otherwise, i am sure Paws have other good ideas
Hi Abydos,
All my updates work fine. Its just IE7 that gives me the problem. The updates of IE7 worked fine too through Windows Update. yet I am facing the same problem.
"Could you by accident have denied access to the net for SVChost.exe via your firewall?"
I am not sure about that. If u can tell me how I could check that too .
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI