This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Validating Identity

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I just sat up my brother in laws wireless network. Belkin G+ Mimo. For some reason his laptop keeps saying validating identity while security is enabled I've tested it on a number of different networks and always get the same thing. It connects fine if there is no password, but as soon as there is a password you get validating identity. It doesn't even ask for the password just right to validating identity .He's running xp pro sp3 and as far as i know its an authentic copy. Any help would be great Thanks jeremy
Hi Jeremy,

It doesn't even ask for the password just right to validating identity .He's running xp pro sp3 and as far as i know its an authentic copy. Any help would be great

I would certainly ask your brother to use this link before proceeding any further, as we do not assist if the OS is not genuine. Here are the Terms of Use where this is included for your information.

We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

kind regards,
Ok I double check and ran the Validate software. We're all good on that part. I found a way to get around it for now. You can manually add the network and then it works, but is a few extra step and he's not the greatest with computer so if we can fix this then it would be great Thanks

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI