Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

password site connection problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 backyb

backyb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:35 AM

Hi I am new to this site so forgive me if i`m not too clear at the moment. My problem is connecting to most sites that require a password, facebook, msn,yahoo messenger, and some others. when i view the diagnostic log i get this message, info HTTP: Successfully connected to www.microsoft.com. warn HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.microsoft.com: The supplied certificate is invalid warn HTTPS: Error 12169 connecting to www.passport.net: The supplied certificate is invalid info FTP (Passive): Successfully connected to ftp.microsoft.com. error Could not make an HTTPS connection. info Redirecting user to support call Also i cannot disconnect from my wireless connection and get the message, It is not possible to dissable the connection at this time. the connection may be useing one or more protocals that do not support plug-and-play, or it may have been intiated by another user or the system account. Also There is a another wireless connection in my avaliable connection list called "rene p" which i have never seen before but i dont know if this is relevant or not to my problem?. Thank you for any help you may be able to offer me. backyb.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Interests:Computers. Video games.

Posted 21 February 2010 - 05:34 PM

Hi Backyb, Are you using Internet Explorer as your default browser? If so, what version?? E.g IE6, 7, 8 etc What firewall are you using? Have you tried using Mozilla Firefox to suft the net? If not, try it now and post back with the results, does it work on Firefox?? 'Bob

::: My Spec :::

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online

#3 backyb

backyb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:05 PM

Hi Bob Thanks for your reply, yes i am useing IE8 as my default browser. I am useing the norton firewall and have tried turning it off but it made no difference. The windows firewall is off. Fire fox seems to work better i.e. i can log on to facebook. My com is very very slow even trying to close open web pages but it was like that before these problems happened. Bob have you ever heard of the service provider "rene p" as it is in my list of "avaliable networks to connect to" but never seen it there bofore the problems started. Would you like a HJ this log? Thanks you. brian (backyb)

#4 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

Hi Bob
Thanks for your reply,
yes i am useing IE8 as my default browser.
I am useing the norton firewall and have tried turning it off but it made no difference. The windows firewall is off.
Fire fox seems to work better i.e. i can log on to facebook.

My com is very very slow even trying to close open web pages but it was like that before these problems happened.

Bob have you ever heard of the service provider "rene p" as it is in my list of "avaliable networks to connect to" but never seen it there bofore the problems started.

Would you like a HJ this log?

Thanks you.

brian (backyb)

If you're wireless, 'rene p' may just be the name of someone elses wireless network, i wouldn't worry about that too much just yet.

Are you running a legit copy of Windows? (and be honest, so we don't spend weeks trying to fix something that we could sort with this question :P )

Also, i'd suggest uninstall any anti-virus software, then reinstalling it.

Let me know the results.

'Bob

Thanks

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online

#5 backyb

backyb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:51 AM

Hi Bob Yes i am running a legit version of windows as it came pre installed on my com, honest, :) Ok i will uninstall my antivirus and reinstall. Come to think of it i seem to remember after a live update from norton then restarting, was about the time the problem started. I cant be 100% on this though. thanks Bob Brian

#6 backyb

backyb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:11 PM

Hi Bob Done as you asked and things are a lot better now :). Thanks mate your a star. Is it worth me posting a "hj this" log as i think i got loads of rubbish on here but not sure what to get rid of throught "hj this" ?., Thanks again Brian

#7 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 02:39 PM

Hi Brian, glad all is working!!! I had to ask whether you were running a legit copy, no offence intended :D You could definately post a HJ This log in the relevant section, i don't deal with HJ This logs, i'm sure another person who specializes in them will be more than happy to help you. 'Bob

Edited by bizarrebob, 22 February 2010 - 02:47 PM.

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb

#8 backyb

backyb

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:13 PM

Hi Bob Thanks i will post my hj this log on the other board. Its fine i wasn`t offendend as i understand why you need to ask, actually it made me laugh a bit :) Thanks again and take care Brian

#9 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

Hi Bob, Glad to see you got Brian fixed up OK... :thumbup: Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#10 bizarrebob

bizarrebob

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

Hi Paws, nice to see you! Not a problem, glad i could help :) 'Bob

Windows 7
Intel Core Duo @ 2.8ghz
4gb OCZ RAM @ 1066mhz
ATI 4870 512mb