I had a problem with a Trojan(which has been cleared up- thanks Tomk!). Here's the link, if it's needed for background http://forums.whatthetech.com/Multiple_problems_t98460.html
My problem now is my computer won't exit from my desktop to the screensaver, unless I go the "switch user" route. It will stay on there until I do it manually. From my hubby's user account- no problem! But not from mine. Any ideas it what could be?
First make sure just resetting some settings won't cure the problem. Go into control panel -> display -> screensaver. Select a different screen saver, and set its time to 1 minute. Click APPLY. Now wait one minute without any action and see if it comes on. If it doesn't, leave the settings the way they are and lets try to determine if it is software running on the computer causing the problem. Click start -> run -> type 'msconfig' and press ENTER. Click the "services" tab, and check "Hide all Microsoft services." and click "disable all." Now, click the "startup" tab and click "disable all." Click, OK, and reboot when prompted. Let your system boot up and wait a couple minutes to see if the screensaver will kick in now. Let me know your results.
I would like to thank everyone on this forum for not making me feel like the computer illiterate that I am With everything done on the hijackthis, my screensaver was set to "none". It's fixed now. Thanks
I had a problem with a Trojan(which has been cleared up- thanks Tomk!). Here's the link, if it's needed for background http://forums.whatthetech.com/Multiple_problems_t98460.html
My problem now is my computer won't exit from my desktop to the screensaver, unless I go the "switch user" route. It will stay on there until I do it manually. From my hubby's user account- no problem! But not from mine. Any ideas it what could be?
I'm not quite sure what your talking about when you say your desktop "exits" to the screensaver. The screensaver actually comes on top of the desktop, then when you move the mouse or press a button, the screensaver closes and reveals your desktop again.
I'm guessing that you mean you want the User Switch Screen to come up after the screensaver does, other wise I don't know what you mean by the "switch user" route causing this to happen.
If you want to go to the User Switch Screen everytime after the screensaver comes on, go to Control Panel > Display > Screensaver and check the box for "on resume, password protect". I'm pretty sure that's what your looking for.
If not, then please try to describe your problem a little better.
Glad you resolved the issue. Most likely what happened was that you had a malicious screen saver installed and when it was deleted your settings reverted to NONE. Anyways, good luck and have a great day.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI