Hello. A few days ago my screensaver suddenly stopped working. It seems to me that around the time it stopped working was when I discovered a couple of trojans when running AVG and SPYBOT. I've tried googling to find a remedy and tried some things but nothing seems to work. Any help/advice would be so much appreciated.
Best Regards and Happy Thanksgiving!
Chuck
then download HijackThis, run a scan and post the HJT log >here< to wait for a Malware expert to assist in cleaning your computer from infection, I'm sure that will clear up your screensaver problem
CatByte has steered you on the correct path re your problem with your screensaver. I would like to add that the Malware Forum is extremely busy, please be patient and if you have not had a reply to your log in 5 days, please post a gentle reminder here.
While you are waiting, do have a good browse around on the forum as there is lots to read and learn.
Best regards,
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI