This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Problems viewing webpages with Firefox

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm having some problems with viewing web pages and some of the web pages' background images.

I posted some screenshots so it might help to figure out the problem.

Youtube
[external image: Posted Image]

Wikipedia
[external image: Posted Image]

[external image: Posted Image]

Thanks in advance
Hi lxl,

Your screen shots are not clear for me to read….sorry.

I do not run Firefox, but looks like you may need the latest plug-in.

Others will come by with more information, but do keep us posted if the above link does not help you.

kind regards,
Hello lxl,

Firstly, do you face this problem everytime you visit a webpage or is it an occasional error?

I am a regular firefox user and I sometimes get this error due to improper loading of web pages. It's just perhaps a firefox bug.

If you have a regular problem then you can try downloading the latest firefox plug-ins.

Also I advice you to check that you automatically update firefox.

To update Firefox, open your Tools -> Options window and go to the Advanced page. In the Software Update section, ensure that the automatic update box is checked.
Hi :wavey:

A couple of questions.

What version of FireFox do you use?
Have you tried disable that IE theme?
Have you tried run it in safe-mode? (without addons) Goto start–all programs–Firefox entry–choose safe-mode

Lastly some things to consider.

Update your Java (remove old java entries)
Update your Flashplayer / Flashplayer-plugin

I can't determine from your screenshots, if you are using NoScript addon, as
the bottom tool / infobar doesn't show on those. If you are, remember to allow
the main page for running scripting if it is mostly a flash-based webpage.

Regards Abydos
I've had problems like this when the FF cache got corrupted somehow. Try clicking on Tools then Clear Private Data. Make sure Cache is selected and click the Clear Private Data Now button. Exit and restart FireFox, see if that helps.
Thanks for all of your replies. :D I tried all the advice that was given but it didn't seem to be the problem… so I restarted my computer and the problem appears to be fixed. ( just hope that it wouldn't happen again)
That is great news, isn't it amazing what a restart can do? Sometimes the most simple move is the answer to the problem. Post back if you find it happens again as others will come by to assist I am sure. kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI