This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Firefox issues (I think)

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello forum, I just jumped here from the spyware / malware forum so my laptop appears to be clean. I still have some browser issues and they thought you all could help. #1 Any open tab "flickers". The page refreshes every few seconds to the point that the dropdown at the back arrow is full of this page 📎hover_ads.png #2 My homepage is srambled. All the elements are there just not where they should be. 📎homepage_1.png This is what it should look like 📎homepage_2.png I've been working with Jeffce at the other forum and that thread starts here Thanks in advance for any help you can give Patrick
I read through your malware thread.

Have you tried running Firefox with Add-ons disabled? To do this, start Firefox then click on the Firefox drop down at the top left of the window. Select Help then Restart with Add-ons disabled. See how it runs. If better then one of the Add-ons is causing the problem. Click on the Firefox drop down then Add-ons to enable/disable them permanently.

One of the things I noticed in all the uninstall / reinstall of Firefox was that you never deleted the user account, which is where all Add-ons and extensions are kept along with a bunch of .sqlite (database) files Firefox uses to keep track of stuff.

Try creating a new Firefox profile.
See if that has the same problems as your current profile. If not then you can start copying stuff from your old account to the new one. See here:

Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox
Hello Rich, So, It looks like I'll Have to spend some time on this tomorrow when I get home. Started it in firefox safe mode and every thing looks fine I'll restart my add ons 1 at a time and we see what happens. Thank you for the quick response :) Patrick

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI