Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Firefox issues (I think)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 anas_dad

anas_dad

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hello forum, I just jumped here from the spyware / malware forum so my laptop appears to be clean. I still have some browser issues and they thought you all could help. #1 Any open tab "flickers". The page refreshes every few seconds to the point that the dropdown at the back arrow is full of this page hover_ads.png #2 My homepage is srambled. All the elements are there just not where they should be. homepage_1.png This is what it should look like homepage_2.png I've been working with Jeffce at the other forum and that thread starts here Thanks in advance for any help you can give Patrick

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

I read through your malware thread.

Have you tried running Firefox with Add-ons disabled? To do this, start Firefox then click on the Firefox drop down at the top left of the window. Select Help then Restart with Add-ons disabled. See how it runs. If better then one of the Add-ons is causing the problem. Click on the Firefox drop down then Add-ons to enable/disable them permanently.

One of the things I noticed in all the uninstall / reinstall of Firefox was that you never deleted the user account, which is where all Add-ons and extensions are kept along with a bunch of .sqlite (database) files Firefox uses to keep track of stuff.

Try creating a new Firefox profile.
See if that has the same problems as your current profile. If not then you can start copying stuff from your old account to the new one. See here:

Transferring data to a new profile - Firefox

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 anas_dad

anas_dad

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hello Rich, So, It looks like I'll Have to spend some time on this tomorrow when I get home. Started it in firefox safe mode and every thing looks fine I'll restart my add ons 1 at a time and we see what happens. Thank you for the quick response :) Patrick

#4 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

You're welcome, good luck.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown