Hi! I'm not only new to the computer world(believe it or not!)- I got my first computer this past April(I'm 50 years old), and was basically dragged kicking and screaming to the modern age. I am(surprise, surprise) almost totally computer illiterate. I have been reading up on "things I need to know" however. Basic computer interactions. So I'm hoping this forum will help me learn a bit more.
Hello sinnead,
I have been flying all day, but when I logged on here, your post was the first I saw that needed a Really glad you have settled here with WTT. There are many very good volunteer techs online to assist you. I want to say firstly that the only question that is silly is the one you have not asked. I myself am only a novice in the true scheme of things although I have been around computers self teaching myself for 12 years. I wish I was 50 years old…….now you can take that two ways, so don't jump to conclusions.
I see you have posted a thread and Vectis is looking after you.
Post anytime with any question, we are here to attempt a solution for you.
best regards,
Hello and Welcome to WhattheTech? Forums Sinnead.
Browse the Forums and you will learn a lot or just ask in the appropriate Forums and the "experts" will guide your way through.
– Mohit
Hi Sinnead and welcome to WTT.
I joined some months ago and know how you feel about being a novice. I do believe that the more you learn about computers, the more you realise how little you know!
No knowledge is ever wasted though, especially when it is used against the bad guys - so do persevere. We are all getting excellent advice and help here from people who have been around forums for ages.
All the best
Satchfan