This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Can't uninstall AVG antivirus to reinstall

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok, Hope I'm in the right place. I call my self befungled because I am. I'm computer clueless but can't afford to just take this to a shop so must try to sort things out myself. I hope to update the system this coming year but want to keep this one going til then. I'm on Windows 98 and have AVG free Antivirus. It got messed up and won't update. I tried to reinstall but it won't untill I uninstall. I can't uninstall because (error message) Local machine: installation failed Installation: Error: Action failed for file setup.exe: creating backup…. Access is denied. (5) %DESTINATION% = "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\setup.exe.install_backup", %SOURCE% = "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\setup.exe" I'm also pretty certain I have a bug in my c'puter's guts. :smack: Help most heartily desired and appreciated!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI