This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

AVG problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hi all, I had a trial version of AVG (full version) but when it expired I did not want to purchase it so I tried to install the free version. However, during the installation of the free version it told me I had to remove the other version (7.0). So, I tried uninstalling it but I got the following error message: Installer initialization failed due to following error: Error: Initialization of the language file "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG7\setup.lns" failed. General failure. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks for any help! Lisa.
For some reason you may be missing certain files. You might want to try and re-install 7.0 again. It might over-ride the current install and allow you to uninstall it. This might not work though…..