muznik
Topic Starter
Software
I cannot uninstall Avira Premium Suite 2009
3 min read
ROOFIE(MTL)
Having been in your shoes. Here is the link to your happiness.
http://www.avira.com/en/support/antivir_removal_tool.html
You may have to download and install the entire trial again prior to using the tool. (depending on how you uninstalled it before.)
But this tool works like a charm.

http://www.avira.com/en/support/antivir_removal_tool.html
You may have to download and install the entire trial again prior to using the tool. (depending on how you uninstalled it before.)
But this tool works like a charm.
muznik
Hi,
Thanks for that.
I downloaded and ran it but all it did was do a virus scan.
Avira is still here.
Any help PLease 
ROOFIE(MTL)
Sorry about that my friend.
Here is the link.
You need to scroll down and find the avira registry cleaner. Run it.
If you want an explanation as to what it does just scroll a bit further down and read it.
http://www.avira.com/en/support/support_downloads.html
Here is the link.
You need to scroll down and find the avira registry cleaner. Run it.
If you want an explanation as to what it does just scroll a bit further down and read it.
http://www.avira.com/en/support/support_downloads.html
muznik
Hi,
Thanks for trying to help but that doesnt work either.
Avira doesnt show up in my programs to add/remove or in revo but if I do forced uninstall and browse it is there in full on my desktop.
This is getting very frustrating as I just cant get rid of it.
ANy help
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Doug
Using the link supplied above, did you try the utility marked below in the image?
Be sure to create a fresh restore point before using the utility.
Antivir_Uninstall.jpg
muznik
Hi Again,
Ok I did that but no change.
Avira is still here.
I cant reinstall it either.
SO I cant Install or uninstall.
PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEE.
:
Thanks
inzanity
muznik
Hi,
Thanks again.
I did the manual installation and cleaned the registry in safe mode as it asked and it did get rid of all the avira files
BUT NOW
I have no internet access on that computer at all.
I am not sure what happened in safe mode as all I did was run the Avira Registry Cleaner and when I restarted the computer it tells me
my cable internet connection has limited or no connectivity.
It is not a problem with my modem as I am adding this post with my daughters computer which connects wirelessly to my internet connection.
Do you have any suggestions as to why I would have lost my internet.
I have tried to restore my computer to before I did the manual installation(20/03/2010) and even as far back as 31/01/10 and it tells me restore incomplete as there has been no changes to your computer.
This is very puzzling.
Any ideas or fixes would be MUCH appreciated.
Thank you

inzanity
Try repairing your network connections, if you're using Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/n…ain/repair.mspx
muznik
Hi
Yes I have tried that many times but get the message
"Windows is unable to repair your network connections. Contact the person who manages your network"
Any other ideas??
Thanks
Deleted Member
Hey there muznik, I had the same issue this past Friday when I unistalled Avira. I had to do a Winsock repair to regain internet access. Give that a shot and see if it remedies your problem.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259#FixItForMeAlways
http://majorgeeks.com/download4372.html
Tx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811259#FixItForMeAlways
http://majorgeeks.com/download4372.html
Tx
muznik
Hi There
Thanks TX Redneck that seemed to work.
Wow what a mission.
Thanks everyone who helped me with this problem.
You guys are great.
Thanks again
And everyone have a very Happy Easter.
One more thing now I have my internet back, I have lost all my folders and emails in my outlook express.
Any idea how to get them back.
muznik 
Deleted Member
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI