This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

pointing device

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello I was trying to disable this from my tool bar and inadvertently hit disable. Obviously, when I boot into guest on my laptop I cannot use the mouse. How can I get it working again? Thank you
??? What toolbar? I don't see any way to enable/disable a pointing device from and toolbar I have? Perhaps a System Restore to before you did this would fix the problem since it's most likely a registry setting.
My issue is resolved. For some reason, I saw an icon in my tool bar in the lower rt. corner so I hovered my cursor and it said 'pointing decvice'. I clicked on it and, in error, disabled it instead of removing the icon. I have since been informed that this is a default guest account and cannot be removed or fixed as the mouse is disabled so I accepted the mistake and created a new limitted account. I was determined to repair was cannot be repaired. :smack:
Buy gun, buy ammo, aim, shoot self in foot … :rofl: Unfortunately, you are not alone in this pastime. There is a whole host of us right there with you!
What i did brings to mind,"Think twice before you click once!" Although there is no harm done, it still irks me that I was in such a hurry. It is a good reminder, though. Happy T-Day to all.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI