This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

MS Disc Clean UP...

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Dear Person:..A new problem…See attached screenshot….
When I use Windows Disc Clean Up , there are 2 items that will not go away…
1st is:…WebClient / Publisher Temporary Files = 32KB
2nd is:…Compress Old Files = 52KB
I've tried Disc Clean Up several times , but they're still there…
It's not causing any operational problems that I'm aware of,,,Just a nusience..
Anyone want to have some fun with this one ?? …:wacko:

Sorry screenshot will not upload… Reason==>>
Max. single upload size: 2MB
Attachment space used 2.17MB of 2MB…
Upload failed. The file was larger than the available space…
The file size is 252KB…Appears to be a site problem …:angry:
Thank you in advance for your help…. :huh:
Hi RonM,

Your back, welcome!

Have you got ATF-Cleaner.exe by Atribune downloaded?

You do not need to install it, just download it to your desktop. If you are running IE, double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program. Under Main choose: Select All. Click the Empty Selected button . Your computer will be a little slower starting up after you run the program, but that is normal.

If you are running other browsers, please read the above link just under where you will download this program for futher information.

After you have run the cleaner, then go back and see if the temp files you are concerned about are still present.

Post back and tell us how you go and if you need more assistance. I see you posted twice with the same problem!

Best regards,
Heeey tallin: :wavey: .. I knew you'd find this thread & me…. Welcome !!…
1st up; Once again , no email notification fron WTT…
In reply:..I have ATF & it will not clean out those files…( I got ATF on your reccomendation quite awhile ago & use it regularly )…

RE: "Screenshot",,
I contacted an Admin…He advised me to start a new thread…I'm waiting for a reply as to where to start it…
I think the screenshot would really help…EDIT:..While composing this post , the Admin sent me a reply..The new thread will be found in "Windows"

RE: "Double post"
I really apologize for that …I'm not sure how that happened…I went to the red "X" at the very top of my screen to stop a mis-action.. I got another screen from WTT saying something about being "Flooded out"..I don't remember what I did on that page…. I did go back to the copy , deleted it & changed the heading to "This is an OOOops"…. :smack:

Anyway , I still have the problem…
PS: Since I talked (?) to you last time , I got a new ram card & now instead of 670MB , I have 768MB…Yea , Yea. :woot:
Hello Ron,

RonM wrote:Once again , no email notification fron WTT…

You have posted your query about non receival of email notification, only an Admin can help you so concentrate on that thread to solve it.

I have ATF & it will not clean out those files…

I would not worry about those couple of files. After cleaning my Temp Folder there are also a couple left and that would be for a reason. If your computer is running well, just don't stress over the files remaining. I do not think giving you further temp cleaners is necessary or warranted either.

No worries at all about the double post, none of us are perfect. :rofl:

Best regards,
Hi , tallin: Check my "Uploading thread"…I've replied in great length….In regards to this one , Thanks again for your help…I'll do like you say & ignore those files..I will monitor them tho , in case there's jump in size …If it becomes too big , I'll be concerned… :thumbup: As for the email prob: We are working on it… :popcorn:

11/23/08 EDIT: Thru tallin & CatByte help I have a new email address…CatByte was kind enough to send me an email…But that was thru the "Send Message" feature…We need to see if that will happen when a new post is made… :whistling:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI