This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

vpn not connecting

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi guys, I've been sent over here from the spybot forum. I just got rid of a nasty virtumonde virus, but my vpn just won't connect anymore. It works on my laptop and my office PC, but not this PC. Can anybody help me? cheers, Adam
:welcome: Adam Casey,

We are pleased you have chosen WTT.

Would you please post the link from the Malware forum that cleared your system……thanks.

Here are several links that maybe of help to you in the meantime.

kind regards,
Hi there,

I was over at http://forums.spybot.info/ Keith helped me get rid of the virtumonde virus. My username over there is 'acasey'.

cheers,

Adam
Thank you Adam for posting the link to your cleanup with Ken545.

Did you try the link's (in particular the second one down) I posted in my first reply to you regarding your vpn problem?

Best regards,
Hi there, I did have a look through the links, but most of them were explaining how to create a connection to my vpn. I have a connection already setup which had been working for a good 4 months, then I got this virus, which is now gone, but the vpn just won't connect. As I said, I have no problem connecting on my other PCs with the same settings. I am confused as to what it could be. I am getting "Error 800: Unable to establish the VPN connection. The VPN server may be unreachable, or security parameters may not be configured properly for this connection." cheers, Adam

I have a connection already setup which had been working for a good 4 months, then I got this virus, which is now gone, but the vpn just won't connect.

If you had the "virtumonde virus", then you really do not have that VPN anymore.

I recommend that you write-down the pertinent set-up information, delete it and follow the above setps to RE-create a "new" connection to that same VPN.

Tallon41

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI