This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

unable to connect to VPN!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am connected to internet using BSNL 3G Data Card. Now, I have a client application (Secure Client) through which I can connect to my office network. When I try to connect to VPN using this application, it says that connection succeeded. But, when I try to access my office mail by typing the URL, it says that the "Firefox (I.E) cannot find the server at URL". Sometimes, I can only access my office mail only for few minutes and then, it again says "Firefox (I.E) cannot find the server at URL". At this point of time, the application (secure Client) still says that I am connected to VPN. I did not understand that what happens in few minutes due to which I lose connectivity to office mail but the application still says that I am connected to VPN. Can anyone please let me know the direction in which I should start thinking in order to resolve the issue or the parameter to check in order to verify that I am still connected to VPN?
You may need to speak directly to the administrator of your VPN regarding encryption and authentication. Or the administrator may have set a desktop policy that your machine does not yet have configured. Best Regards
A different consideration relates to your BSNL 3G Data Card wireless mobile connect.

I'm not an experienced user of either this wireless card and your particular VPN.
However, it is possible that the wireless card intermittently loses connection, thereby requiring you to repeat the connection steps to your VPN.

Do you also have a wired DSL internet access?
If you do, do you have less occurrence of this problem when connected by wired ethernet?
Here are a couple of notes from Microsoft Support.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library…28WS.10%29.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA102324501033.aspx

This user posts what sound like a similar problem and discusses particular settings
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums…2e-b86dea46bde5

The following provides a long list of possible causes and trouble-shooting for each.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/135404

Again, you may benefit from discussing the matter with your VPN administrator.

Best Regards
Hi Vijay, I am exactly facing the same problem now with BSNL 3G. No problem with browsing, but with VPN I am facing same issues like problem with Outlook, frequent disconnection, etc. Connecting thru my Nokia E63. With my old Tata Indicom landline dialup connection, there are absolutely no issues. But with BSNL 3G, I'm facing these issues. Could you please share you experience on how you solved it. Many Thanks, Shekhar Bandaru.
Dear Moderator, I got a mail saying this is a redundant topic and is already answered. I have gone thru the answer, but could not solve the issue. Request you to reopen the query. Many Thanks, Shekhar Bandaru.

I've had the other issues with this that required changing the VPN type from "Automatic" to "PPTP" or "SSTP" depending on the server configuration. It definitely started after Windows updates. Hope this helps

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI