Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Stops working after a While

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dnb

dnb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 09:10 AM

Internet Stops working after a While - I am connected to my companies VPN but I have no Internet access - here's a starnge thing I find is if I connect to Cisco VPN of my client - and disconnect after less then 1 min - I have my internet access back? I have run all Spyware Programs example - Adaware - SpyBot - etc I am not sure which of my setting is messing me up - Please help me. Thanks a lot in advance for all your help

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Advanced Member

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:28 PM

Hi dnb and :welcome: I neither mean to be factious or rude but your problem is quite elementary and this concerns a actual business related IT problem. The best advise I can offer is to ask whom ever is the IT/Network Manager with the company you are currently employed by. Happy/Safe on-line surfing :).
Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of the former ASAP and UNITE

#3 Tallon41

Tallon41

Silver Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Bible<br />Sci-fi <br />PC tech.

Posted 17 October 2008 - 04:58 PM

Internet Stops working after a While - I am connected to my companies VPN but I have no Internet access - here's a starnge thing I find is if I connect to Cisco VPN of my client - and disconnect after less then 1 min - I have my internet access back? I have run all Spyware Programs example - Adaware - SpyBot - etc I am not sure which of my setting is messing me up - Please help me.

Thanks a lot in advance for all your help

Agreed. Internet service through a VPN must be 'allowed' to the clients through the tunnel. Lacking such permissions, you would need to disconnect from the tunnel to use the internet, and then re-connect to the tunnel when you need those resources again. Your IT support either knows about this and does not wish to grant VPN clients internet rights; or they are un-aware of the problem and you should make them aware of it.

Tallon41