This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Stops working after a While

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Internet Stops working after a While - I am connected to my companies VPN but I have no Internet access - here's a starnge thing I find is if I connect to Cisco VPN of my client - and disconnect after less then 1 min - I have my internet access back? I have run all Spyware Programs example - Adaware - SpyBot - etc I am not sure which of my setting is messing me up - Please help me. Thanks a lot in advance for all your help
Hi dnb and :welcome: I neither mean to be factious or rude but your problem is quite elementary and this concerns a actual business related IT problem. The best advise I can offer is to ask whom ever is the IT/Network Manager with the company you are currently employed by. Happy/Safe on-line surfing :).

Internet Stops working after a While - I am connected to my companies VPN but I have no Internet access - here's a starnge thing I find is if I connect to Cisco VPN of my client - and disconnect after less then 1 min - I have my internet access back? I have run all Spyware Programs example - Adaware - SpyBot - etc I am not sure which of my setting is messing me up - Please help me.

Thanks a lot in advance for all your help


Agreed. Internet service through a VPN must be 'allowed' to the clients through the tunnel. Lacking such permissions, you would need to disconnect from the tunnel to use the internet, and then re-connect to the tunnel when you need those resources again. Your IT support either knows about this and does not wish to grant VPN clients internet rights; or they are un-aware of the problem and you should make them aware of it.

Tallon41

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI